Well, the month’s nearly over, and I am finally getting my New Year’s Resolutions down on paper. For my theory on N.Y.R.’s, see this post. First, I think a quick review of my goals for last year would be in order…
In the kitchen
1. learn to make kefir – not there yet! shortly after the new year, I became pregnant, so experimenting with new foods kinda dropped to the bottom of the priority list!
2. learn to make sprouted wheat or bulgar flour – this did happen! I learned to use it in cookies and pastry, and at one point nearly 90% of the wheat flour I was eating was either soaked or sprouted. Then, again, pregnancy took over and I had to revert to simpler food prep. I’m just about ready to get back in that mode again, however – bought more pastry wheat last week and will start it soaking…soon. 🙂
1. Read Paradise Lost. Ha. Ha, ha, ha. I did do a lot of reading this year, but still haven’t tackled that mountain. Maybe I’ll read it with Jesse when he’s in highschool… 🙂
2. Keep a Literary Journal. again – very funny. No, I should have been more discaplined – this IS a feasable goal! I lasted through February, I think. Guess I’ll keep working on it.
1. Maintain good posture. Still gotta work on this, but weekly visits to the chiropractor really seem to have helped.
2. Get more excersize. OK, this was tough with my hips being out during my pregnancy making it so I could hardly walk at times! And now with cold weather and a newborn, the main excersize I get it running up and down my hallway. 🙂 Gotta keep working on that, too.
1. Complete Jesse’s 1st year album – yes!! It’s just about done!
2. Finish my Seven year Sweater – uh, I got the sleeves sewn on…I figure I got a few more years before Claire will fit it. 🙂
So, this year I am going to try to be a little more realistic. 🙂 But even if I don’t reach the top of the mountatin, N.Y.R.’s still set me on the right track reminding me what my priorities are.
Do you set goals? What about doing a post on your blog on things you’d like to work on this year, and joining me in my little goal-setting game?
to be continued…
Leave a Reply