1. I need to cut my toenails. But it requires a chain saw, so I put it off.
2. I’m going on an average of 4 hours of sleep a night.
3. Sleep deprivation does funny things to me. I talk funny, I feel funny, and, come to think of it, I probably look funny, too. I mix up my words like this:
“Honey, what was the Lame of the Nady that lived next door that died?”
“I feel like something Yard and Hummy to drink.”
4.Our little neighborhood welcomed yet another family with young children last week.
5. The average number of children each of our neighbors has is 1.7. Each seems intent on “just 2”. I thought the other day, “Boy, will they be surprised when we don’t stop at 3!” (No, this is not an announcement)
6. I wish I had a 7 year old. I just inherited a complete set of literature-based 1st grade curriculum. I was already sitting on my hands to keep from starting school with Jesse (who is only 4), and now all these lovely books are calling to me from the box. My mom made learning so much fun, I can hardly wait to begin my own children’s formal education. I’m fairly itching to teach someone to read. I need a 7-year-old.
7. I’m in love with my new Garlic White Lasagna recipe. I’ve only made it twice in two weeks.I have two frozen in the freezer, ready for when the next craving strikes.
8. I love eating as much as I want and still losing weight. Reminds me of when I was a teenager and lived on a working farm – I ate like a horse and never weighted more than 129 Lbs. (at 5’9″, that means I was pretty much skin and bones.) (Those were the days.)
9. If I had a 7 year old, it would be fun if it was a girl, ’cause I bet if I did her hair in pightails, it would stay in for more than 3 minutes.
10. My almost 4 year old is at this moment clipping his own toe nails for the first time. Thankfully, his do not require a chainsaw.