Ten things to do while we wait for baby…
1. Be grateful for all that we have gotten done around the house and yard in this waiting season. (I harvested my garlic bed last week and had time to clean and braid it all – something I would have been loathe to have to delegate to someone else while convalescing, as I enjoy this task so much)
2. Depth clean yet another room of the house…my bedroom this time. Sheets washed, floors vacuumed and dust mopped, baby bassinet and newborn clothes set up and ready.
3. Go for a bike ride with hubby and kids. Enjoy the wind in my face and the sweet summer fragrances along the country roads.
4. Take a nap and spend most of the afternoon lying down reading a book. (“The Soloist”, Steven Lopez)
5. Take a freezer meal out of the freezer and have a yummy, easy supper on the screen porch.
6. Give Claire a few more last snuggles as my baby girl.
7. Wrap little gifts for Jesse and Claire to open on their new sibling’s birthday.
8. Bathe and put children to bed and then pick a gallon of blackberries in my own backyard as twilight descends. The silence and solitude are a rare treat, and give me time to reflect on the new season I am entering…
9. End the day with a relaxing soak in our new hot tub.
10. Wonder if we will have a baby tomorrow?