A week in the life….

…of a wedding coordinator.
Monday – after a 2 1/2 hour online chat with the bride, groom, and her maid of honor and mother beside me, with Dad on the phone, we decided on a wedding date. (October 11th, 2008, for those who haven’t heard)
Tuesday – All the bridesmaids met at David’s Bridal and, after 4 hours, we had found a combination of dresses that each girl liked and that we thought reflected the taste of the bride. We also found the flower girl’s dress, and the Lord answered our prayers that we wouldn’t have to order any of the dresses – the right dress in the right size was available for each of us! (ordering can take 8 weeks sometimes and we don’t have that.)
Wednesday – I spent hours again online chatting with the bride, ironing out details. Anja came over and helped me get caught up around the house – thanks, Lee!
Thursday – Mother of the Bride, Maid of Honor and I went down and booked the Church, scoped out the gym and kitchen we would use for the reception, then headed to the mall where we ordered the tuxes. When we got home we found out that Father of the Bride had also been busy, and made the order at the printer’s for the invitations. Also, I made contact with the cousin of the Groom who was willing to make the cake. So, Thursday was a productive day – we got more done in 12 hours than usually gets accomplished in a month of wedding planning! I finally called it quits at 9:30pm after hours at the computer.
Friday – I organized my wedding planning binder and made phone calls and emails to the tux place, the cake lady, the bride, the maid of honor, etc. My husband (the photographer) got the rest of his equipment in the mail and happily began getting acquainted with his new flashes and umbrellas and such.
Saturday – Today we will begin addressing wedding invitations. Other than that, we are taking the weekend off. We feel we have earned a break!

Thanks to my family who have babysat Jesse, cooked and helped clean as I have been so busy. As Joanna said in her post on this yesterday – “CAUTION! Don’t try this at home unless you have a good team behind you!”

For you camera buffs, I’ll try to give you a little more information…Jeremy’s camera is a Nikon D200. He has three lenses with it – I have no idea how to tell you about them! His recent equipment purchases included a flash umbrella, a ‘Stroboframe’ brand thingy that attaches the flash to the camera on an arm. And the flash can be remotely controlled – he can set it across the room to light up his subject from a different angle than the camera. It’s all very cool, but quite beyond me! ๐Ÿ™‚ If you have more questions, leave a comment! Also, check out Jeremy’s favorite photography blog – Strobist. He’s learned a lot from there.

When Jesse saw Daddy’s new equipment, he ran immediately to his room and got HIS tripod (an old, broken one we have kept as a toy for him) and set it right next to Daddy’s.

4 responses to “A week in the life….”

  1. Natalie Roth Avatar

    Ah, I see! ๐Ÿ™‚

  2. Trina Avatar

    My husband has in the past done publication design using Adobe – he found two monitors to be very helpful to hold all his tool bars and such.He no longer does that for a business, but the double monitors are a luxury we retain. It’s lovely to have two windows open simultaneously – I use the feature all the time!

  3. Natalie Roth Avatar

    Wow! You’ve been BUSY!!! ๐Ÿ˜€Uh, do you mind my asking why you have two computer monitors?

  4. Kateri Avatar

    Hope you are having a good weekend off! All that work sounds fun, but exhausting!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *