Because I can’t seem to think straight without a list these days…
1. Jesse has quit asking me if it is summer yet – he now informs me that it must be so because there are leaves on the trees.
2. I am thankful to Amy all over again for writing this book. I’d never manage gardening, cooking, writing a book, and loving on my kids all in one month if she hadn’t taught me how to tell my time. (Sale: $9! use coupon code 9bucks)
3. I’m almost done with the body of my book and plan on sending out the first draft to a few, choice people this weekend to get their feedback. (If you can’t wait to see the book and are willing to put in an hour or two to proofreading for me, send me an email trintjerenae at gmail dot com)
4. The chef at our local Christian Radio Station shares a recipe each week on the morning show – This week it was one I’ve been waiting for ever since pigging out on them at the Christmas Ladies Luncheon. I’m making a batch of puff pastry (from scratch) so I can finally make these delectable Turkey Raspberry Brie Puffs at home! Except, I don’t have brie, so I’m substituting. Sacrilegious, I know. I’ll let you know how it goes.
5. The timer is my friend. I’ve been setting it for 10-20 min. increments to get chores done around the house so I’m free to go outside and enjoy the sunshine! I’m loving “So, I married a Mennonite’s” series on Getting it all done – she likes to use a timer, too. I like her sense of humor.
6. Claire is going to love roller coasters. Whenever I buckle her into her swing, she asks for “far, big, underdoggy” pushes. I love to hear her belly laugh when she has recovered from a particularly breathtaking swing.
7. I’m putting the principles of my book to work in my kitchen these next two months, as a close friend just set her wedding day for 7 weeks out (hooray! I love weddings!) Along with all my other hats, I’m putting my florist and wedding planner hats on for a busy June! If I hadn’t figured out how to streamline my real food prep, we’d be eating ramen noodle soup from here till July…
8. I’m really loving the new blog, Fashion Gone Thrifty, by my friend, Rachel. I feel like she is blogging just for me – the tips are just what I need as I try to put together my summer wardrobe. I especially loved her tips for wearing long, full skirts without looking frumpy and having flashbacks from the 90’s!
9. This month I had the immense honor of being accepted as a regular, monthly contributor to my favorite homemaking blog, Passionate Homemaking. (remember I guest posted there last month?) I have followed Lindsay’s blog for several years and learned so much from her. I’m really excited to join the team of this inspiring blog and even meeting Lindsay, because we’re both…
10. Going to Relevant! I’m so amazed at how the Lord works. 6 months ago I didn’t even know what a blog conference was. 3 months ago was when I first realized this highly recommended, christian women’s blogging conference was right in my backyard (PA). Then I got this crazy idea to go, and Jeremy thought it wasn’t such a crazy idea and got me a ticket (before they all sold out!) and booked my hotel room (he’s cool like that). At the time it seemed really far out and a step of faith, but in the months since as my vision for my blog and my readership has grown, I have really felt that attending the Relevant Conference will be very timely. I look forward to being inspired and sharing everything I learn with my awesome readers!
You guys are great. Thanks so much for joining me here each day. I feel so blessed to have gotten to know you and to have shared and laughed and even prayed with you. Thanks for visiting and commenting!