Check out this cloth I got from my family’s stash to use for the back of my quilt – it’s perfect! (Thanks, Liv:))
Following the instructions in the quilting books I’ve been referencing for this project, I taped my backing tight to the floor, spread out my batting, then topped it off with my finished quilt top.
The fabric is sooo yummy! I then spent two hours on the floor safety pinning all the layers together in preparation for quilting. I used a package of safety pins I picked up at the dollar store – remind me never to do that again – half of them didn’t have points!!!! Ack!
By the time I was finished, Jesse was up from his nap and helped me pull the tape up.
I have been working on the quilting ever since – more update pictures coming soon!