I have just spent a delicious half hour strolling through my favorite blogs via the ‘next’ button on my Google tool bar – a treat I only allow myself after all other work is done. Today’s white-board-listed-items that have been crossed off include…
1. “make estimate for flowers” Figure estimates for flower costs for next wedding – call and confirm my role as florist and coordinator with bride’s mother.
2. “Laundry” three loads washed, one dried, one drying
3. “Groceries” with both kids in tow – you have no idea the sense of accomplishment when I get this done on my own!
4. “Walmart” I remembered even the items I forgot to write on my list, and found some fabric for $1.50/yard to use with my next project (see #6) This means I won’t have to visit wally’s world for another month, perhaps.
5. “Prep Dinner” wich will be meatloaf, mashed potatoes, and homemade applesauce.
6. “Interlibrary” This one refers to my quest for a japanese sewing book. Any japanese sewing book. That I don’t have to pay for. At least not till I decide I like it. Thank heavens for helpful blogs and people and interlibrary loans to help me on my way to supplementing my wardrobe with more handmade pieces. I spent about an hour searching for which books I wanted to search for – yes, it was about as confusing as it sounds because these books are all in japanese! Finally found that one of them IS avaible through interlibrary loan, and I have ordered it and in a few days it will be just down the road, waiting for me to love it for 3 weeks. How cool is that!?