1. Sleep in for once, and have snuggle time with husband and two year old for a few more moments before getting up.
3. Make and eat your healthy, two egg breakfast dutifully, then walk out of the kitchen and forget the mess – just this once.
4. Spend the morning slowly and easily working on little tasks you’ve been wanting to get to but haven’t had time – wrap a handmade birthday present for a sister, make a new headband for oneself, write a note to a friend, and pack an envelope of cute photos to send to the two year old’s great-grandparents.
5. Keep the radio tuned to the classical station all morning.
6. Don’t forget to take time to play peek-a-boo with the 2 year old, make him a tent fort, and treat him to a movie with all his favorite animals (“Babe”). And when he motions for you to come sit and enjoy it with him, leave what you’re doing and cozy up on the couch together.
7. Enjoy 2 bowlfuls of yummy, leftover soup for lunch while reading a good book at the table.
8. When the child goes down for a nap, treat yourself to a little organizing chore, sorting your kitchen drawers, refolding all your tea towels, and finally locating your missing 1 c. measure.
9. Finally, once again ignoring the breakfast dishes (there will be time for them later), take the advice of your husband and lay down for a nap. Indulge in a little jounrnaling if you wish before closing your eyes…