1. Christmas Baking has begun. I start with Biscotti ’cause it lasts the longest.
2. We got our tree yesterday afternoon after church and are going to decorate it today, which I’m totally excited about because it’s actually the dutch Christmas holiday, “Sinterklauss“, on December 6th.
|A quick and easy buffet display before I officially decorate for Christmas.|
3. I’ve been craving doughnuts, so I think I’ll make Ollie Bollen for a treat tonight.
4. I’m going red this year – My Christmas wreath will be made of Red Osier, with bells. Have you a wreath yet? You can make your own with this tutorial.
5. I have already lost Christmas presents I bought two days ago. Where did I put them?
6. Snow on Sunlight – I mean, Sunlight on Snow! I love how a snow cover and all the extra, reflected, white light brightens each room of my house.
|Jesse’s first Christmas book page. Yes, I am quite proud. Don’t you love Eve’s hair?!|
7. This has nothing to do with Christmas, but the other night at dinner, Jesse was giving voice to the roasted chicken we were eating – “Help! They eating me!” and “Ahhh! Tearing off my skin!!!” It was slightly disturbing, but did not ruin my appetite for the crispy, golden skin of that yummy, pastured bird.
8. No need to sample your Christmas tree’s needles. Claire has already tried this year’s growth and they are terrible.