These steps will get you the smoothest pumpkin pie you’ve ever had. This recipe makes two pies
- 3 c. pumpkin puree
- 3/4 c. sugar
- 1/4 c. maple syrup
- 1 1/2 t. ground ginger
- 1 t. cinnamon
- 1/2 t. nutmeg
- 1/4 t. cloves
- 1 t. salt
- 2 c. half and half
- 3 large eggs plus 2 large egg yolks
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 pre-baked pie crusts
- In a 2 quart or lager saucepan, combine pumpkin puree, sugar, spices, and salt. Cook over medium heat until it starts to bubble. Continue simmering, stirring often, for 10-15 minutes until it’s thick and glossy.
- Meanwhile, combine half and half, eggs, egg yolks, and vanilla in medium bowl and whisk to combine.
- Pour pumpkin puree into high-speed blender and mix on high until very smooth.
- Turn mixer to low and gradually add half and half mixture. Blend until combined.
- Pour filling into crust and bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes. Then lower oven to 300 degrees and bake for 25-30 minutes longer–until center is set.
- Cool pie at room temperature for several hours, then store in fridge.
- Prep Time: 25 mins
- Cook Time: 45 mins
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American