this recipe makes 2 doz. large muffins. Go ahead, it’s kitchenwise to bake in bulk. They will disappear within 24 hours, or you can freeze half for another day!
- 4 very ripe bananas
- 8 eggs
- 1 c. plain yogurt (use applesauce for a dairy-free option)
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- 4 cups oats, ground into flour in a blender (use certified gluten-free oats if you’re sensitive to gluten)
- 3/4 c. cocoa powder
- 1 c. sugar or 1//2 c. Stevia-based sweetener
- 1 tsp. real salt
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease 24 muffin tins (I use coconut oil) and line with paper liners.
- Peel and mash bananas in the bottom of a large bowl.
- Add eggs, yogurt, and vanilla and mix well.
- Pour oat flour on top of the egg mixture, and measure the rest of the dry ingredients on top of that.
- Mix the dry ingredients together a bit, then fold them into the wet stuff in the bottom of the bowl.
- Divide batter into muffin tins. If you have extra, you can pour it into a bread pan and make a loaf for snacking later.
- Bake at 350 for aprox. 20 minutes until muffins have risen and the top bounces back when you poke it. (Bake bread loaf for 35-40 min. until knife inserted in center comes out clean.)
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Category: Chocolate Banana Muffins