1. Jesse: Mom? What’s Valentine’s Day?
Me: It’s a day you say ‘I love you’ to people you love.
Jesse: Oh. Me love yours hair, Mommy!
2. Heart cookies – I made a small amount of pastry, rolled it thin and helped Jesse cut it into hearts, which he placed on a cookie sheet. I will dust them with cinnamon and sucanat and bake them at 400 for 5 or 10 min.
3. Pink construction paper cut into hearts, with a little boy’s first letters scrawled in the middle.
4. Jello from Scratch: Mix 6 tsp. unflavored gelatin into 3/4 c. cold water and heat over medium heat until it boils and becomes clear. Puree in blender with 1 can of frozen juice concentrate and 1 1/2 cans of water. Pour into pan or bowl and cool until set. Ours is purpley-red, made from red grape-juice and setting up in a truffle bowl.
5. Red tablecloth, candles, and all our stuffed animal friends – we’re almost ready for our valentine’s day tea party.
What do you do with your kids for valentine’s day? I’m looking for ideas and traditions to start!