I get a kick out of the questions people frequently ask me, through the blog or in person. Here’s the top 10 I hear most frequently. Add your question in the comments and I’ll be sure to answer it!
- How many children do you want? Short answer: Lots. Long answer: We will welcome as many as children as the Lord gives us, through birth or adoption. We do believe in spacing our children for my health and optimal nutrition for each baby.
- Why did you move to the homestead? The answer is long and complicated. When I figure it out I’ll let you know. (Post in progress!)
- Why did you live in a tipi? See above.
- Do you cloth diaper? No, but I hope to someday. I do make my own wipers, though!
- Do you eat all organic? Nope. We do what we can with our budget and resources. I’d say about 60% of what we eat is local, 30% organic.
- Are you serious? People ask me that when I mention I lived in a tipi, homebirth, and self-published a book. (the answer is “Yes!”)
- What does your husband do? Short answer: Lots. Long answer: He works in the family business. He teaches people with disabilities how to ski. He calls and teaches square dancing. And he helps people save money on their electric bill (Contact him for more info: jeremy.e.holden(at)gmail(dot)com)
- Really? That’s the question I get when people learn I offer an open invitation to my blog readers to come and visit us here in the Fingerlakes Region of NY. I have a growing list of delightful new friends who have done just that. Check out my guest room, reserved for YOU!
- Are you’re children always this good? Now it sounds like I’m bragging, but I do get this question a lot! I blame the genes they get from their even-tempered father, and a nourishing diet low in sugar.
- Can you tell us more about the Family Bus? Yes – enjoy this video tour of our Bus converted to an RV that sleeps 10+!
Got a question? Ask away!