Here are some things I’d never remember if I didn’t take the time to write them down in my Kid’s Journals or, in the case of the humor between Jeremy and I, in my own journal.
1. Jesse: “When Seth gets big he gonna be my best person, and when Seth get big, me gonna be his best person.”
3. Jesse: “Mom! You look pretty! Us going somewhere today?”
Jesse: “Why you wearing yours scarf?’
Mommy: ” ‘Cause I just decided to wear it at home.”
4. Jesse is totally physced that Daddy killed one of the greedy squirrels raiding our bird feeder.
Mommy: “When you get big are you going to learn to shoot a gun?”
Jesse: “Yes! Me gonna love it – Oh! Me SO gonna love this!”
5. Reading a bedtime story, Mommy prompted Jesse and Claire to say some of the words. Jesse is loud and confident, Claire is quiet, yet often as accurate, if not more so, than Brother. She has a habit of whispering – especially when we practice words. She loves to whisper.
Mommy: “Say, ‘Moon.'”
Claire, whispering: “Moon!”
Mommy: “Say it LOUD!”
Claire whispers, “Lou! Moon!”
6. Me: “Honey, Pioneer Woman says to serve her braised short ribs over polenta…”
Me: “It’s like cornmeal…mush…with cheese? Can I do that?”
Jeremy: “I don’t care what you eat.”
Me: “Fine! I’ll make potatoes!”
(It was delicious, I highly recommend her recipe!)
7. I have been very determined to feed my compost pile faithfully, even though it’s a cold chore in the winter. Jeremy thinks that composting is a nasty habit I should resolve to break in the new year. LOL
8. Me: “I think you should write me a letter.”
Jeremy: “Yeah? Which one?”
It’s a good thing I adore his sense of humor.
9. Jesse: “Mom, me jumped over Claire just like the cow jumped over the moon!”
10. Jesse: “Me want you not make clean popcorn, me want you to make dirty popcorn with peanut butter on it!”
After enjoying said popcorn and being put to bed, he came back downstairs with an urgent request: “Us needa wipe the peanut butter off my face before us go to Man and Ben’s house or Man and Ben will DIE!”
Whoever had been educating him about his cousin’s (Manuel and Benjamin) nut allergies had done a thorough job!