Ladder Bloggers was begun to have the accountability and support of a an intimate group of bloggers who share the same goals: To grow as a writer, blogger, and daughter of God. the term ‘Ladder’ was chosen as it reminds us that there is always another step we can take or skill to learn, and we desire to be teachable and always willing to learn and grow upwards.
Our Mission Statement: Going Deeper While Climbing Higher
We desire to climb higher, one step at a time, while going deeper with each other, with our blog readers, and with God. But a ladder can’t stand on its own–it needs something to lean on–so we’re supporting each other on the journey!
“climbing higher while going deeper”
“Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up, as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear.” Ephesians 4:29
To support one another’s individual online pursuits (writing, blogging, ministry, social media, technology) as well as oﬄine endeavors (writing,publishing, speaking,ministry) through oﬀering feedback, constructive criticism, encouragement, resources, and networking opportunities.
As a mastermind group, we do the following:
- Brainstorm about blogging, writing, and ministry ideas
- Discuss ways to use social media
- Share victories and defeats
- Offer accountability
- Ask for help in promoting posts or products
- Meet up together in real life and at conferences, when possible
- Post links to resources, opportunities, events, and articles that might benefit each other.
- Pray for each other’s needs, both in and outside the online world
Ladder Bloggers Is Not
A support group. Support groups offer companionship and encouragement where you’re at. A mastermind group, however, is about moving forward, helping you achieve a goal or dream. To sustain forward motion, all members must be committed to the effort to grow and call each other onward and upward. We understand that growth often comes in spurts or seasons, though, so only a complete disinterest in or calling away from growth in any area of writing, blogging, or online ministry, would make one a poor fit for this team.
Ladder Bloggers Is
A Distinctly Christian group. We believe we are saved by grace through faith in Christ, who died for the forgiveness of sin. We are also a non-denominational group, therefore our individual faith traditions are not a matter of debate. As Christians, our advice should be consistent with Biblical principles.
Connecting and Frequency
Participation in our group always has and will continue to be voluntary. Everyone grows in different areas and at different rates and we each have individual goals and callings. Just keep in mind that your level of growth will mostly likely correspond to your level of involvement. Opportunities to interact include:
- Daily interaction on Facebook
- Monthly Google+ Hangouts
- Twitter List and hashtag #LadderBloggers
- Reading and providing feedback on each other’s blogs
- Contributing to the Best of Ladder Bloggers group board on Pinterest
Leadership and Commitment
- This mastermind group is managed by Trina Holden, who is be responsible for maintaining the Facebook group and organizing conference calls.
- However, leadership is shared by all members who may propose suggestions for the group and new ideas.
- If a member feels the group is not a good fit, she will inform the other members about stepping out, not simply avoid communication.
- This group is currently closed to new members.
The great thing about a closed group is that we can share everything from personal struggles to brainstorms in a safe, private place and receive advice and encouragement from people we know we can trust with fragile things. For us to wholly benefit from this aspect of a mastermind group, we must respect each other’s privacy in these ways…
- Topics and ideas discussed in the Facebook group are to be kept private within our group, with the mindset that “If it’s not my idea/story, I won’t be the one to make it public”. This includes prayer requests, blog updates, launch dates, post ideas, product development, and offline activities.
- Members may publicly quote something said on the private FB group only after requesting permission.
- Disclosure of membership: Though this is a closed group, we do desire that others be aware of and have a chance to experience the support and accountability of a mastermind group. So, public acknowledgement of membership to this mastermind group should always be paired with a link to how your readers can start their own mastermind group: http://trinaholden.com/ladderbloggers/
The Ladder Bloggers Commitment:
We are a team, providing encouragement and accountability to each other with Christ-like love.
- We willingly serve the readers who come to our ‘table’. “Always be eager to practice hospitality.” Romans 12:13b
- We pursue growth through serving, rather than self-promotion. “Don’t be selfish; don’t try to impress others. Be humble, thinking of others as better than yourselves.” Philippians 2:3
- We don’t use controversy to get attention for our blog and our cause. “Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice.” Ephesians 4:31
- We don’t judge others by their stats or appearance, but value our fellow bloggers as God does, focusing on their hearts. “For the Lord sees not as man sees: man looks on the outward appearance, but the Lord looks on the heart.” 1 Samuel 16:7
- We are good stewards of the gifts God has give us, willing to grow as He leads. “Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others, faithfully administering God’s grace in its various forms.” 1 Peter 4:10
- If a problem with a member arises, members commit to working through their issues privately, one-on-one.“Let each one of you speak truth with his neighbor, for we are members on of another.” Ephesians 4:25b
- We hold each other accountable to a high standard of interaction on social media. “Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen.” Ephesians 4:29
- We use our writing to build up, encourage, and inspire, never to tear down. “Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.” Ephesians 4:29
- We keep our call to write in line with our other roles and commitments, not letting our blog detract from family and in real life relationships. “For if a man does not take care of those who are his own, especially those who are members of the household of faith, this one has renounced the faith and is worse than those who are unbelievers.” 1 Timothy 5:8
- We pursue excellence in writing and communicating, believing our words to be part of our testimony as followers of Jesus Christ. “…make every effort to respond to God’s promises. Supplement your faith with a generous provision of moral excellence, and moral excellence with knowledge, and knowledge with self-control, and self-control with patient endurance, and patient endurance with godliness, and godliness with brotherly affection, and brotherly affection with love for everyone.” 2 Peter 1:5-7
(Ready to start your own group? Here’s 7 steps to starting your own mastermind group!)